Friday, July 6, 2007

Thinking of you...

In Memory of Kristy Tolsma...
March 21, 1998 – July 6, 2004

Today I am thinking of you, and remembering what a vibrant, sweet little girl you were. There has been much sadness in your family since you left, but I know they look forward to the day they will be with you again.
On this day, 3 years ago, hearts were broken and lives were changed forever. While the sadness in your heart was great, there was the realization that God sent Kristy to you for a short time so that you could enjoy all of the love that she was able to give.
Now she is home, amongst all things beautiful.

Glen, Cheryl, Riley, Derrick, Trevor, Alley and Mathew...I believe that Kristy will continue living through YOU. Your stories, your memories, your pictures, and your grief. They tell their very own story of a wonderful little girl who was and is loved so very much. She had YOUR eyes, YOUR hair, YOUR sweet disposition. Your laugh, your smile, something of each of you, she took with her to heaven. Keep telling your stories, share her pictures, and anytime, I will be there to listen.

Thinking of my good friends today.
Asking The Lord to warm your hearts.
A poem that you once shared with me, I would like to share here...

You never said I’m leaving
You never said goodbye
You were gone before we knew it,
And only God knew why.
A million times we’ve cried
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.
In life we loved you dearly
In death we love you still
In our hearts you hold a place,
That no one could ever fill.
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn’t go alone,
For a part of us went with you,
The day God took you home.
~Author Unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending many prayers to the family during this sad time of remembrance, Jimi.

Anonymous said...

I remember them often and am so sorry this happened to your friends.
It is a story that has always touched me and quite frequently I say a prayer for them.
Please let them know I am thinking of them.