Monday, February 15, 2010

Japanese Speedskaters!!

We live quite close to Vancouver, where the Vancouver 2010 Olympics are being held...so our town is accomodating alot of the Olympic venues. At our local ice arena...the Russian Figure Skaters and Japanese Speed Skaters are practicing. I wanted to take the kids to see this, and it proved to be a great time!
In the first picture here, you can see the man in the white jacket...he appears to be a coach/trainer, I am not sure which.  He was checking the skates for precision something or other.  It showed me how little I know about speedskating.  They would sit and stare at their skates, looking for any flaws, or uneveness...or so that is what they appeared to be doing.



My camera is not good enough to catch action shots...so you will just have to take my word for it that it was a great experience! :)

No comments: