Sunday, August 16, 2009

Old friends...good times...


We were so lucky recently to have some old friends come to visit us. Well, actually, they were coming to visit my mom and dad, but they came to see us too! My mom was friends with Juanita so many years ago...I am not sure how they met, or how long they have known each other, but I do know it had been about 30 some years since they had seen each other!
I have always remembered Juanita...but not sure if I would recognize her in a line up. I was such a little girl when I saw her last. I remember her coming to our house to visit, and I remember she had a pool! Oh what fun that was to a little tike in California!
Time, miles, and years went on by, and mom and Juanita slowly lost touch, other than with letters...but with technology today, they have been able to stay in touch via email, as well.
Juanita and her husband, Larry, and her sister, Eedie...(Sorry, not sure how to spell it...) recently took a cruise to Alaska. On their way back home, they came to visit us. It was so much fun catching up and seeing what she had been up to all these years! Meeting her husband and sister was an extra treat. You never know how it is going to be when you haven't seen someone in so long...but it went perfectly!
Thanks so very much Juanita, Larry, and Eedie...for coming to visit us. It was alot of fun. The kids are just LOVING their little stuffies you brought them. It was so nice of you to think of them. And my suncatcher is catching the sun! :)
We will have to stay in touch now!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: